We've all experienced it: the dreaded WRITER'S BLOCK.
The words aren’t flowing. Your characters refuse to do anything. You have no idea what happens next.
So, how do you slay this monster? We have a few ideas. 200 of them, to be exact.
What causes writer's block?
1. You wrote yourself into a corner: Your characters are in a dilemma so difficult that even you don't know how to get out of it (and you're the one who created it).
2. You're out of ideas: It happens to the best of us sometimes.
3. Your story went sideways: Somehow it feels off, wrong, or incomplete. Your brain knows you need to go back and change something. It just hasn't pinpointed what yet.
To solve writer's block, you need to approach your characters and story from new angles to figure out new plot points, new character changes, and new solutions.
But how exactly do you discover new aspects of your story?
If you had already uncovered them, you wouldn't be stuck, after all.
Introducing the Smash Writer's Block card deck.
This isn't your average set of writing prompts.
The questions are carefully designed by professional authors to force you to think deeper about your characters and world, to mine your subconscious, and uncover aspects of your story you missed.
An amazing novel is there inside you. Sometimes you need help drawing it out.
The Smash Writer’s Block card deck features 100 cards with prompts on both sides for a total of 200 prompts.
These prompts are specially designed to help you:
- Think deeply about your characters, their motivations, needs, and psychology.
- Discover new aspects of your fictional world to build page-turning plot points.
- Spark new ideas with original prompts you won't find elsewhere.
- Explore your story and characters in unexpected ways.
Uncover what your subconscious is trying to tell you about your story. Find what went wrong and ways to fix it.
Shuffle the deck, pull a card, read the prompt, and start brainstorming and writing.
See the Smash Writer's Block deck in action:
Buy now! Free shipping on all US orders.
What writers are saying about the Smash Writer's Block deck:
"In my experience, writer's block happens when I've made a mistake. When I don't know what went wrong, the Smash Writer's Block cards help me think about my novel from new angles and find the problem." - Mia Harlan
"The deck has a god mix of thought-provoking prompts and fun, light prompts. Love it." - Noah Steele